Friday, January 9, 2009

Fashion Friday - Coffee Shop


I've had that sweater sitting in my drafts trying to think of what I can pair it with for the longest time. As soon as I saw that sweater, I loved it. I'm all for big, chunky sweaters in the dead of winter. But it's such a pretty sweater and found that because it was such a long sweater, it couldn't be paired up with something that would take away the focus from it.

I thought with a skirt it might not work because from the looks of it, it could double up as a sweater dress. I went with the leggings route. Hey, the 80's are back anyway, so why not work with it? So black leggings, long-ass boots and a big hobo bag were what I went with. Oh and a cute headband ... which adds a bit of Blair Waldorf flair to it.

Of course I'm back with the blacks and greys but you all already know of my affinity for that colour combination.

15 comments:

Lemmonex said...

I absolutely adore the collar/funnel necky thing going on with the sweater. Good call with the leggings...I think more stream lined than the skirt. They can handle the sweater.

Sophia said...

mmm love the bag. I'm all about blacks and greys right now too -- I'm in love with Opi's Brand New Skates nail polish right now!

reederscorner said...

ooooh I love the bag and the boots. Very cute!

SM said...

That sweater rules.

I've decided. I want you to be my personal shopper.

EF said...

That's so what I am wearing right now...sans the hair clippy thing and plus a big old coffee stain!

:-)

brookem said...

love it. especially the boots!

egan said...

My bro stole my comment. The sweater is very nice and I'm sure it's very comfy on the skin. I'm just saying.

MarvelousMOM said...

I love that sweater!

restaurantrefugee.com said...

Call me crazy, but I think that the reasons why it wouldn't work with a skirt are precisely the reasons why it would. This sweater (incidentally it has the air of relaxed elegance that I generally associate with you) paired with a black just above the knee sweater, lightly patterned black tights for texture, and the same boots are a combination that I think would be runaway hit.

pinkjellybaby said...

I love this outfit! So couldn't wear it though!

Cléa said...

Now that's a heel on the boots I can wear!

ÄsK AliCë said...

Love this outfit!! It looks cozy and still chic - perfect

Jessica said...

You made a great outfit by pairing the sweater with a leggings. I just got one from a cousin and I'm checking out what accessory I can put on with it. I guess I'll go with the headbands.

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It
positively useful and it has helped me out loads.

I am hoping to contribute & help other customers like its
helped me. Good job.

Also visit my weblog ... Unblocked Games

Anonymous said...

The interest in tattoos has exploded and from
now on you happen to be almost certainly going to encounter an experienced
person or maybe a housewife as part of your local tattoo parlor when compared
to a rebel. Yet another sales avenue is e - Bay, a shopping site
where you could sell your designs. The other well-liked Hawaiian Flower Tattoos designs, that are
appreciated by tattoo lovers, are hibiscus and orchid.
The top websites to go to before selecting your artwork are:.
It was obviously a common to find weapons of war being tattooed upon men.



Here is my web blog tribal Tattoos